There are two special little people who live in Colorado that have stolen my heart. They have taught me many things (as you will read a little later). I took Melissa and Erika on a road trip to visit these two darlings a couple of weeks ago. Whey are quite the pair. Lucky for me, I married their grandpa.
While in Colorado, I learned several valuable lessons from Milo and Isable. I share them here in hopes of improving your life as well:
• Always recycle your cans.
While throwing away my Diet Coke can into the garbage, Milo pretty much shouted at me. "Grami Tami...that does NOT go there! It gets recycled." "Well, where do I put it then?" "Under the sink in the recycle container." This followed by a disgusted sigh at how uninformed his Grami was.
• It doesn't matter who you kneel by for family prayer...you still have to hold hands. Example: Erika and Spencer! (Enough said)
• Always carry your plates to the sink. If a four year old can do it every time, so can you.
• After eating gelato, get under the table.
• If Erika can't push you in your stroller, then ask Melissa. If she can't then you can always resort to Grami Tami. (wait, that would mean I'd be pushing myself around...never mind)
• Broccoli doesn't smell so good on it's way out...in a car.
• ALWAYS ask "Why?" If no one can satisfy your curiosity ask, "But why?"
• Snacks are important.
• Everyone should eat pancakes on Sunday morning.
• If you walk past a play area, you must stop and play.
• Color some more.
• Your clothes don't have to match.
I love those to darling kiddos. I can't wait for them to teach me many, many more things in the future.